Job Title: • System Administrator / Electronic Medical Records Developer (EMR) (1
Reports to: • Assistant Commissioner DHI
Workstation: • Ministry of Health – Kampala
Job Purpose: • Providing support in information technology issues, system development, management, and handling network issues at the HIS department and support the AIDS Control Program systems like Open MRS.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Installing new/rebuild existing servers and ICT Equipment: configure hardware and software, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements
• Installing and configure systems such as supports GIS infrastructure applications or Asset Management applications
• Contributing to and maintain system standards
• Researching and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks and identifying approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale
• Performing daily system administration tasks: backup, equipment maintenance, monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems, and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs
• Providing Tier III/other support per request from various constituencies, investigates and handled troubleshooting issues.
• Repairing and recovering from hardware and software failures, coordinating and communicate with impacted constituencies.
• Maintaining operational, configuration, and other ICT procedures
• Performing periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning
• Knowledge of Programming languages and operating systems, current equipment and technologies in use, Unix system administration, enterprise backup and recovery procedures, and system performance monitoring tools, effective project management techniques, principles and practices of effective management and supervision.
• Ability to plan, organize and document complex system design activities and to configure systems to be consistent with institutional policies/procedures
• Communicate technical/complex information both verbally and in writing
• Establish and maintain cooperation, understanding, trust and credibility
• Perform multiple tasks concurrently and respond to emergency situations effectively
• A team player, dependable with good oral and written communications skills
• Excellent project management and organizational skills
• Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential
Qualifications and Training
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Communication Technology, Telecom Engineering, Information Systems or any other related fields from a recognized University/ Institution
• Those possessing professional qualifications such as MCSA, CCNA and others will have added advantage.
• Three (3) years working experience in complex systems design, programming and systems software and support would be an added advantage
• Experience in configuring and running Microsoft DHCP and DNS services
• Experience configuring and administering Cisco ASA Firewall System, Cisco Secure ACS (Access)
Handwritten applications should be Hand Delivered to the Central Registry of the MOH Headquarters-Kampala between 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday to Friday addressed to:
The Permanent Secretary
Ministry of Health Headquarters (Central Registry)
Plot 6, Lourdel Road, Wandegeya
Please include your telephone number and email contacts on the application. Applicants should attach the following:
a) Recent passport-size photograph.
b) Copy of the National Identity Card.
c) Detailed curriculum Vitae.
d) Certified copies of the academic certificates and transcripts.
e) Two recommendation letters from two of the most recent supervisors/employers.
f) A photocopy of your appointment letter for your most recent position.
Deadline for receiving applications is: Friday February 4, 2022: 5:00PM
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The list of shortlisted candidates will be displayed on the MOH Noticeboard
Salary and Benefits The position has attractive salary and benefits commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Salary Offer 300000 - 50000000 UGX 300000-50000000 Month
- Full Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda