Requisition ID: req28085
Job Title: Anesthetic Officer
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Bidibidi, Uganda
Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee is a world leader in relief, rehabilitation and post-conflict development services for those uprooted or affected by violent conflict and oppression. The IRC is currently working in over 25 countries around the world, addressing both the immediate and lifesaving needs of conflict affected people in emergencies and the reconstruction needs of post-conflict societies.
The IRC has been working in Uganda since 1998 supporting IDPs, refugees and local communities. IRC Uganda has it country office in Kampala and regional offices in Kit gum Moroto, and Yumbe. The current program portfolio includes health, protection and rule of law, women’s protection and empowerment, and economic recovery and development programming
SCOPE OF WORK:
The anaesthetic officer will be responsible for administering anaesthesia and managing patients in the theatre and post-operative patients.
• Planning and budgeting for Anesthetic activities in the hospital.
• Preparing patients for anesthesia and administering it.
• Providing pre- and post-operative care to patient.
• Providing resuscitation services in case of emergency and disaster situations
• Maintaining anesthetic operational equipment and ensuring their functionality.
• Requisitioning and accounting for anesthetic materials and sundries.
• Supervising and appraising staff.
• Adhering to professional and service code of conduct and ethics.
• Supporting research activities; and
• Compiling and submitting reports to relevant authorities
- Provide regular feedback to the Medical Officer on activity in the theater including patients’ condition and progress.
- Assist in preparation of reports.
Key working relationships:
Direct supervisor:: health facility In-charge
Technical support: Medical Officer, Health facility In-charge
Other: Logistics, finance, admin staff.
Govt. of Uganda: District Health Team and other district officials
Other : NGOs, INGOs and UN agencies working in the project region
Standards For Professional Conduct:
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Deadline for receiving applications is June 14th,2022
- Must have a Diploma in Clinical Medicine, Nursing or Midwifery with a Diploma in Anesthesia from a recognized Institution.
- Must be registered with the Allied Health Professionals Council.
- At least three years working experience in a busy CeMONC site with a functional theatre.
- Experience in planning, organizing and coordinating theatre activities.
Skills and Abilities
- Guidance and counselling.
- Concern for quality and standards of anaestheological work
- Ethics and integrity
- Self-control and Stress management; an
- Time management.
- Language Skills:
- Salary Offer 300000 - 50000000 UGX 300000-50000000 Month
- Full Address Bidibidi, Bidibidi, Uganda