The DIC Social worker will be responsible for ensuring KP HTS targets are met, all newly identified clients who tested positive are linked into care, supported to start ART and as well supported to virally suppress. Ensure KPs receive the service-layering package and actively enroll high-risk negative clients on PrEP.
The DIC social worker will also support in championing and providing oversight for DIC quality management systems, including good customer care, quality improvement, and data capture and use.
- A Diploma in Counseling Psychology, Community Psychology, Guidance and Counseling, Social Work and Social Administration, Social Sciences, and Education
- Bachelor’s degree and Certificate in HIV Counseling are an added advantage.
Job-related experience and knowledge:
- Knowledge and experience of HIV/AIDS care issues
- Knowledge of Ministry of health and local government systems
- At least one year’s experience in HIV /AIDS-related work
- Support the DIC team to ensure children of index clients and sexual partners are all targeted for HTS and DIC targets are met.
- Coordinate with the DIC team to ensure at least 95% of KP clients within the catchment area together with their sexual partners and biological children are tested, linked into care for those newly identified positive, supported to adhere to ART, and have a viral load suppression at an appropriate time
- Support community-based activities with PHA networks, CBOs/CSOs, Police CFPU, legal aid sessions
How to apply
Interested persons who meet the requirements should apply through the Mildmay Uganda online job application system which can be accessed via this link Click Here to Apply Only candidates with complete information, and who meet the specified job requirements will be contacted.
Subscribe to Get Job Updates via Email
- Salary Offer 300000 - 50000000 UGX 300000-50000000 Month
- Full Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda