3.0 JOB TITLE : ACCOUNTANT
Salary Grade : SGR 6
Terms of Employment : Contract – from assumption of duty to December 2025
Number of vacancies : One (1)
Reports to : Senior Accountant
Job Purpose: To perform accounting duties involving tracking accountability, vouching for completeness, up-dating and maintaining books of accounts and, producing routine financial statements and reports.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. Examining correctness of payment requests, completeness of documentation and certify requisition or, transactions for further processing;
2. Verifying receipts, match and undertake reconciliation of invoices and Local Purchase Orders for goods and services procured prior to effecting payments;
3. Compiling accountability returns, verify and retire advance ledgers;
4. Maintaining primary financial records and up-to-date books of account;
5. Preparing periodic reconciliations of financial statements and carry out monthly cash book reconciliations to bank statements;
6. Verifying payroll change requests and reports to ensure correctness of computations, payments and deductions; certify and follow-up approval and payment to beneficiaries.
7. Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Applicants must possess the following:-
1. A Bachelor’s (Hons) Degree in Commerce, Business Administration or Finance majoring in Accounting and possession of at least Level II of ACCA or CPA.
2. At least two (2) years’ experience as an accountant in a reputable organization.
3. Competencies: Financial Management; Team work; Planning Organising and Coordination; effective Communication; Ethics and Integrity; Result orientation; Computer Literacy
How to Apply
Ugandan Nationals meeting the above requirements may submit their written applications with letters of recommendation from either the current or previous employer(s) covering the last three consecutive years of employment, copies of academic certificates & transcripts, previous and current appointment letters, curriculum vitae, and a photocopy of your national ID and a recent passport size colour photograph.
Applications should be addressed to:-
The Project Coordinator, Standard Gauge Railway Project, P. O. Box 27756, Kampala. Applications should be delivered to the SGRP reception, Nakawa Business Park, Block D, 4th floor not later than 30th May 2022, before 5:00p.m.
a) Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
b) Canvassing or lobbying by applicants will lead to disqualification.
c) Candidates who present forged documents/testimonials will be arrested and prosecuted.
d) Envelopes containing applications should be clearly marked with the position applied for.
Subscribe to Get Job Updates via Email
- Salary Offer 300000 - 50000000 UGX 300000-50000000 Month
- Full Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda