The DMID study is a one-year project that is aiming at recruiting children who are diagnosed with severe malaria according to standardized World Health Organization (WHO) criteria to evaluate exposure-Response of IV Artesunate. In order to successfully, implement the study, IDI is looking for a competent and experienced individual to fill the position below:
- Participate in study trainings including protocol trainings and any other study related trainings.
- Participate in patient enrolment activities
- Participate in acquiring Informed Consent from participants
- Carry of neurodevelopment assessment for the participants enrolled in the study using the MDAT assessment tool
- Participate in completing CRFs
- Participate in conducting interviews
- Participate in participant follow-up activities
- Participate in study site entry visits, offer technical support to the community health worker and Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- A Degree in Clinical Psychology or a related field from a recognised institution
- Knowledge and training in Good Clinical Practice and Human Subjects research is required.
Required experience and skills
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in a clinical research setting.
- Excellent knowledge of Good Clinical Practice and Human Subject Protection
- Ability to speak any of the following local languages; Luganda, Adhola, Langi, Kiswahili, Lugbara, Ateso and Gishu.
- Experience in conducting neuro development assessments using the MDAT tool
- Good command of the Microsoft package
- Experience in collecting qualitative data
- Able to work independently and as a team
- Experience in working with children
- Salary Offer 300000 - 50000000 UGX 300000-50000000 Month
- Full Address Kampala, Kampala, Kampala, Kampala, Uganda