JOB TITLE: Compliance Manager
DEPT: Legal & Compliance
REPORTS TO: Head Legal and Compliance
LOCATION: Head Office
- To work with the Head Legal and Compliance to initiate, coordinate and implement Compliance activities,
- Monitor and review the Bank’s compliance program; in accordance with the BOU guidelines, the Bank’s policies, relevant laws and Bank’s Business Plan.
- To identify potential compliance regulatory/policy breaches in bank processes and procedures and provide advice on appropriate remedial action.
- Ensure all bank staff are sensitized about Money Laundering and are guided on reporting about the same.
- To perform periodic tests to confirm compliance with regulatory requirements and ensure that the Bank’s standards continue to be monitored effectively by Line Management.
- To ensure bank’s compliance with the regulators i.e. BOU, FIA, URA, NSSF and Ugandan laws.
- Prepare monthly Compliance report. Additionally, prepare quarterly BRC compliance report for Head of Compliance’s review.
- To establish processes for identifying and reporting any breaches or suspected breaches in the Bank’s policies and procedures to the Head of Compliance.
- To implement appropriate compliance management techniques to ensure that the bank’s key compliance risks are managed effectively.
- Liaise with Head Legal and Compliance to ensure that the bank’s product review and new product development /approval processes are compliant with the regulatory requirements and initiate reviews where changes in legal environment affect products.
Minimum Education & Experience:
Education and Qualification
- A professional qualification (ACCA, CFA, ACIB, CPA, etc.) and/Masters
- Bachelor Degree (B.Com B.STAT, BA Economics, etc.)
- At least 6 years banking experience of which 3 must be in Compliance and / or Risk preferably at supervisory
- Highly conversant with the regulatory framework and the Bank’s operating environment
- Knowledge of KYC and Anti-money laundering guidelines
- Able to deal with complex compliance issues
- Demonstrates expert knowledge of Ugandan legislation affecting different Banking processes
- Analyze the impact of a new legislation/regulation on operations of the Bank and can translate these regulations/legislations into policies for the organization.
- Is abreast with trends and issues in the international scene on compliance matters at large and, in the banking, and finance industry especially
Note: All interested candidates who meet the criteria indicated above should submit their applications, and updated Curriculum Vitae not later than Deadline is 30th June, 2022
- Salary Offer 300000 - 50000000 UGX 300000-50000000 Month
- Full Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda