Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS) is the leading National Humanitarian Organization in Uganda and a member of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement (IFRC). Uganda Red Cross implements lifesaving services across the country and would wish to invite applicants that meet job requirements for vacant positions in our organisation.
|Title||Data Officer – Restoration of Family Links (RFL)|
|Reports||Programme Manager – Restoration of Family Links (RFL)|
The Data Officer – Restoration of Family Links (RFL) will be responsible for Managing the RFL data and other collected information that supports the RFL Programme at URCS Headquarters. The position will also be responsible for support the Family Links Answers Database and RFL Programme Case Management.
- Provide technical support to all the Family Links Answers (FLA) Databases
- Prepare and submit personal work plans for activities to the RFL Programme Management and DRM;
- Prepare and share the FLA reports and analysis of cases in the Data base.
- Ensure that clients requesting for Red Cross Restoring Family Links Services are adequately informed about the existing services;
- Enter data and information on RFL in the Data Base.
- Ensure that the different RFL services are available for clients who need the services;
- Update the FLANSWERS database the information/data relating to RLF files under the supervision of the RLF Manager or his Assistant.
- Enter the data concerning the RLF files (people, services, activities) in the FL ANSWERS database in compliance with the user agreement and the procedures in force.
- Send detention documents to the ICRC for archiving in accordance with working and data entry procedures.
- Carry out data controls and, if necessary, corrects the information entered in the FL ANSWERS database
- Create and regularly reviews input procedures and submits proposals for amendments to his direct manager in order to improve the results of the action.
- Check the database for pending files and prepares the list of those requiring RLF monitoring in order to allow effective field monitoring by the Field teams (in Uganda territory and abroad, etc.)
- Support the field team and other service colleagues to enable them to make optimal use of the database.
- Manage incoming and outgoing mail from the RLF department and prepare packing slips
- Independently writes memos, letters, cross-site messages, notifications, etc.
- Classifies and follows individual files and Unlisted Cases (CNC)
- Receive beneficiaries for RFL follow-up and refers Detention cases to follow-up to competent ICRC colleagues, if necessary.
- Proactively seeks the information necessary to perform its tasks and responsibilities
- Ensures the processing of incoming and outgoing files: creation of new files, photocopying, filing, archiving of RLF service documents, cleaning.
- Ensure the receipt, sorting, translation, censorship of RCMs as well as distributions in collaboration with the ICRC.
- Prepares lists of pending follow-ups for field follow-up.
- Under the supervision of the RFL Manager and/or his Assistant, support the Field teams during practical training sessions of the National Society on RFL services.
- Carry out occasional RFL field monitoring, at the request of the RFL Manager.
- Receives visitors at the RFL office in connection with the Services for Restoring Family Links (RFL) or others
- Ensure the systematic filing system of all cases that is Case management as per the RFL Guidelines.
- Under the supervision of the RLF manager, prepares a response or ensures that a response is given to external mail falling within his area of responsibility, in order to facilitate follow-up by the Field Officers / RFL volunteers.
- Provide colleagues at the ICRC Tracing Agency with all necessary information concerning the cases they follow up internally and externally.
- Record and processes information (general and specific) accurately and ensuring confidentiality.
- Handle other duties as assigned by the RFL Programme Management.
- Establish adhoc and share monthly RFL statistics with the RFL Manager
- Provide FLA training for all the Users
Minimum qualifications, working experience and competencies:
|Knowledge & Skills||
Download application template from here
Applications from suitable persons to be considered for appointment in the outlined positions are hereby invited. All applicants should adhere to the Red Cross Principles. URCS is an equal opportunities employer and mindful of gender balance in its establishment.
Please send your filled application form and attach your academic transcripts and certificates. The filled application forms, academic transcripts and certificates should be e-mailed to; email@example.com or hand delivered, and or by post to:
The Secretary General,
Uganda Red Cross Society,
Plot 551/555 Rubaga Road,
P.O. Box 494, Kampala, Uganda.
Closing date for receipt of the applications 4th July 2022 at 5:00 p.m.
Due to large volumes of applications; only short listed candidates shall be contacted. Canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.
Please specify your preferred location
N.B: URCS Service volunteers are encouraged to apply
Subscribe to Get Job Updates via Email
- Salary Offer 300000 - 50000000 UGX 300000-50000000 Month
- Full Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda