Position: Finance Technical Assistant (Open in all NRC Offices in Uganda)
Reports to: Finance Coordinator or Field Coordinator
Supervisor of: None
Duty station: NRC operates in West Nile (Arua, Yumbe & Adjumani), South West (Isingiro & Kyangwali) as well as Kampala. Successful candidates will be deployed in any NRC Uganda office.
Duration and type of contract: 11 Months
Interested candidates MUST be willing to be posted in any NRC office accross Uganda.
- Comply and ensure accurate maintenance of all NRC financial and accounting files and transactions
- with Financial Handbook and other NRC policies
- Verify that all vouchers and supporting documents are according to standards set in the Financial Handbook, and enter them into the accounting system
- Make approved payments
- Record all cash movements
- Follow up on advances and refunds
- Prepare and arrange for bank withdrawals and transfers and present for verification
- Maintain the filling system for all financial and accounting documents
- Prepare periodic financial reports and submit for review
- Ensure each entry is made using valid supporting document (Purchase request, Good receive note, valid invoice)
- Ensure the respect of the financial calendar in terms of deadline (for closing accounts, checking data, payment)
- Make monthly accounting checking for Responsible cash boxes, Bank reconciliations and bank statements, if applicable
- Maintain and monitor accrued expenditure accounts, advance accounts, payable and receivables, deposits and prepayments, ensuring timely recovery of advances and prepayments in area office
- Make weekly cash counts and monthly cash count for cash box together with supervisor.
- Follow cash advances and their purposes and ensure value for money when verifying accountabilities with the Finance Coordinator.
- Make all payments including field payments after approval by the Project respective Authorities
- Compile and verify the accuracy of necessary documents by the Finance Coordinator.
- Maintain open communication with program staff and others for all financial clarifications.
- Ensure timely scanning of all vouchers, proof of payments and TCP before month Closure.
- Ensure proper management of accounting documents and records.
- Support the Finance Coordinator prepare monthly financial reports for submission to the
- Finance Manager.
- Coordinate financial matters with third parties like banks, vendors and tax authorities.
- Make sure all financial documents for Field offices are archived in the Country Office store.
Generic professional competencies:
- Experience from working with accounting in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge of English both written and verbal
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- CPA or ACCA qualification
- At least 3 years’ experience in an INGO environment an added advantage
- Excellent computer skills with hands on experience on computerized accounting systems;
and Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Strict attention to policy and practice detail.
- Very strong financial analysis skills and Good knowledge on financial reporting
- High integrity
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to function independently and as a work team leader/facilitator
NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners/employees and to check that its partners/employees have not been involved in illegal activities. NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
Subscribe to Get Job Updates via Email
- Salary Offer 300000 - 50000000 UGX 300000-50000000 Month
- Full Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda