NOTE: WFP DOES NOT SOLICIT FOR FEES OR ANY FORM OF PAYMENT FROM JOB APPLICANTS
WFP is looking for talented people who are committed to joining our efforts to eradicate hunger. It offers unlimited opportunities to grow your professionalism, talent and expertise. Start your journey to be a member of the world-wide effort to eradicate hunger. WFP has a policy of affirmative action for women.
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need. In emergencies, WFP gets food to where it is needed, saving the lives of victims of war, civil conflict and natural disasters. After an emergency, WFP uses food to help communities rebuild their lives. On average, WFP reaches more than 80 million people with food assistance in 80 countries each year.
Brief description of WFP in Uganda
WFP delivers food assistance in emergencies and work with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience. WFP provides life-saving food assistance and livelihood opportunities to refugees in Uganda. In addition, WFP assists the most vulnerable people in Uganda with food and nutrition assistance. Finally, WFP works with smallholder farmers and links them to markets.
As Uganda strives to achieve Zero Hunger by 2030 and become a middle-income country by 2040, WFP is also assessing its relevance and repositioning its role in Uganda.
ARE YOU UP TO THE CHALLENGE?
We are seeking a qualified individual for the position of Human Resource Associate G6 to be based in Kampala. The selected candidate will be employed on Fixed Term
These jobs are found in Country Offices (COs), Regional Bureaux (RBs) and Headquarters (HQ). The job holders typically report to an HR Officer.
At this level job holders are expected to use initiative and knowledge within an area of expertise to independently respond to queries with general guidance. There is a requirement to use judgment in dealing with unforeseen problems on a daily basis. Job holders are expected to manage resources and coach and coordinate a team of support staff.
To perform a range of HR tasks to support accurate implementation of WFP Human Resources policies and procedures and facilitate the effective functioning of a client-focused and strategy-oriented HR services.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Provide assistance on a wide range of complex HR queries and follow up actions, to ensure consistent and high-quality HR services are delivered to clients.
2. Allocate responsibilities and support on-the-job learning and development of junior support staff, to ensure they have adequate knowledge of HR systems and procedures required to perform their duties and subsequently can contribute to the provision of effective HR services.
3. Identify evolving needs of the organization and recommend changes in HR processes and procedures, to support improvements in HR services.
4. Analyze and respond to various internal and external queries, to ensure that clients are well-informed and that HR team activities are aligned with broader WFP objectives.
5. Review and compile a variety of Human Resources data, to support analysis and reporting needs.
6. Support activities in the areas of work allocated by the professional officer in compliance with relevant processes and procedures.
7. Support and deliver on boarding for new staff joining WFP, to ensure that relevant processes are followed and the conditions of terms of service are explained and understood.
8. Prepare a range of complex HR documentation required for the specific area of work (e.g., employment contracts, transfer/separation letters, training-related documents, etc.) ensuring accuracy and meeting established deadlines.
9. Use HR management systems for reviewing, entering and updating a variety of HR data including monitoring various deadlines (e.g., contract expiration, PACE, etc.), ensuring compliance with the established deadlines and accuracy of HR data.
10. Co-ordinate the maintenance of confidential personnel records, HR databases and archives, to ensure data and files are accurately stored and updated in compliance with the established standards 1
1. Monitor staff deployment and handle related administrative actions including preparation of reports, to support efficient HR service enabling WFP to respond quickly to a crisis.
12. Any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor from time to time
WFP LEADERSHIP FRAMEWORK: COMMON STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOUR:
Leads by Example with Integrity
Upholds WFP values, principles, and standards:
Demonstrates and encourages others to uphold the WFP values, principles and standards Respects others and values diversity:
Values diversity using respectful and inclusive language, and encourages others to do the same Stays focused and calm under pressure:
Stays focused and calm when under pressure and encourages others to do the same
Demonstrates humility and a willingness to learn: \
Shows humility and a willingness to learn and share knowledge, frequently seeking and acting on feedback, and taking up opportunities to develop
Drives Results and Delivers on Commitments
Delivers results for maximum impact:
Holds self and/or others accountable for the delivery of results Delegates appropriately:
Delivers results against delegated tasks and seeks guidance and support where needed Adapts readily to change:
Responds readily to change adjusting work as needed
Fosters Inclusive and Collaborative Teamwork
Is inclusive and collaborative: Promotes inclusive teamwork and psychological safety by sharing ideas and openly raising issues
Gives timely and constructive feedback:
Supports development for others by giving timely and constructive feedback
Builds and shares new perspectives:
Listens attentively to others to capture, learn, build and share new perspectives
Applies Strategic Thinking
Communicates and fulfils WFP’s vision:
Fulfils WFP’s vision and is able to explain how their objectives support the vision
Embraces curiosity and new ways of doing things:
Demonstrates curiosity, and proposes new ways of doing things when relevant Analyses and evaluates data:
Gathers data and shares knowledge to inform team decision making
Considers the impact of decisions:
Implements decisions and asks questions to understand the impact for wider objectives
Builds and Maintains Sustainable Partnerships
Builds partnerships: Builds partnerships by seeking out opportunities to work with others
Collaborates to deliver common objectives:
Collaborates with partners by sharing information and working together to deliver common goals
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
A University degree in Human Resource Management, Public or Business Administration, Industrial /Organizational Psychology, or any other related field, attained from a recognized institution.
At least six (6) years of relevant working experience in Human Resources management and development, gained from reputable organizations.
Proficiency in both oral and written English is essential.
Good working knowledge and experience using MS Office applications and HR Information Management Systems Knowledge & Skills
: – Ability to maintain confidentiality – Ability to work with teams remotely
– Ability to quickly build credibility with internal stakeholders
– Ability to work well with a diverse team and demonstrated business partnering skills
– Creative problem solver, flexible and constructive approach
– Ability to prioritise multiple stakeholder requests.
Languages: Working knowledge of English
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Friday 14th October 2022
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
- Salary Offer 300000 - 50000000 USD 300000-50000000 Month
- Full Address Kampala, Kampala, Kampala, Kampala, Uganda