LEGAL & COMPLIANCE
Reporting to the Company Secretary, the position will be responsible for managing the litigation portfolio for the Bank. This entails providing support and/or managing potential litigation issues as well as litigation cases filed by or against the Bank to ensure that the Bank’s interests are not prejudiced either before court, in the public domain or business environment.
The Job holder shall also advise, review and prepare agreements, contracts and other Bank commitments including drafting and review of legal instruments.
- Proactively guide the management on all legal matters affecting the Bank, its affiliates and other related parties, and ensure adherence to the laws of Uganda.
- Creating legal awareness and providing advice to the Bank on suitable courses of action to avert and/or minimize litigation and related costs.
- Advise on Agreements, contracts and other Bank commitments including drafting and review of legal instruments.
- Proactively review any changes in legislation, thereafter forwarding the same timely in the form of legal updates to respective departments for information, action and compliance.
- Ensure the application of provisions in statute to the Bank’s business operations and environment.
- Provide support to the Company Secretary in the preparation and attendance of Management and Board, Board Committee Meetings and AGM
- Managing and measure external lawyers’ performance to ensure efficiency.
- Managing litigation costs to a minimum including but not limited to negotiating settlements in favour of the bank where deemed appropriate.
- Providing monthly reports to the Company Secretary on status of litigation matters
- Representing the Bank before any court of law as witness or to watch brief as necessary
- Bachelors Degree in Laws and Diploma in legal practice.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a Financial Institution or any other fast paced Corporate Organization and Lawfirm.
HOW TO APPLY:
If your career ambitions match the requirements of this exciting career opportunity, please visit our website https://ug.kcbgroup.com/about/careers and use the link below to log in to our Recruitment portal to submit your application with a detailed CV. Your cover letter should explain what you believe you can offer KCB Bank Uganda. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To be considered, your application must be received by June, 28th 2022.
- Salary Offer 300000 - 50000000 UGX 300000-50000000 Month
- Full Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda