Title: Sr. HR Coordinator
Div/Dept: Global Operations
Location: Country Office
Annual gross salary : 66,393,456
Reporting Relationship: Country Director
Responsible for providing support to the human resources functions of the Country Office.
Remain alert and responsive to any child safeguarding risk, acquire relevant knowledge and skills which will enable you to promote strong safeguarding practices, understand the child safeguarding policy and procedures, and conduct yourself in a manner consistent with the Child Safeguarding Policy.
Supporting Country Office HR functions:
- Develop and coordinate face to face onboarding and offboarding activities in collaboration with the HR manager and Global HR Service Specialist
- Create and maintain personnel files
- Supports compliance with employee grievance, disciplinary and performance management programs and policies and all legal employment obligations in line with existing local labor and other related laws.
- Ensures that all contractual services (staffing, consultancies, and other services) are in compliance with local labor laws and organizational HR policy; responsible for regulatory compliance (i.e., work permits, visas) and administration.
- Supports coordination of recruitment processes.
- Assist in the administration of local competitive market information and implementation of rewards programs.
- Supports the performance management process; ensure annual goal setting, routine performance feedback for staff, year-end appraisals completion.
- Provide support in preparation of monthly payroll, ensuring maintenance of updated information on staff salaries, allowances and income-tax calculations and compliance with organizational policy, local laws and regulations.
- Serving as HR point person representing ChildFund on in-country HR networks and in case of internal or external inquiries and requirements.
- Responsible for development and management of annual HR budget.
- A Bachelor’s degree in human resources management & Administration, Education, or related field. Relevant certifications also a plus.
- 5 years’ experience in a H uman resources and administration capacity, preferably in a multi-cultural environment
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills in English.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-national, matrix environment
- Experience in international development sector
- Proficiency in relevant computer applications (spreadsheet, database, accounting operations software, project management software, HRIS, presentation software)
- Excellent planning, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks at the same time, work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Strong confidentiality ethic, demonstrate flexibility, and versatility in adjusting to changing environments and requirements as necessary.
- Demonstrated high-level interpersonal and cross-cultural skills including the ability to build collaborative relationships internally and externally with sensitivity to cultural, ethnic, social, and political issues.
ChildFund International is committed to safeguarding the interests, rights, and well-being of children with whom it is in contact and to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for children.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
- Salary Offer 300000 - 50000000 USD 300000-50000000 Month
- Full Address Kampala, Kampala, Kampala, Kampala, Uganda