Job Advertisement: Study Nurse (1 Position)
The Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC) seeks to hire a suitable candidate for the position of study Nurse for a malaria research study to be based in Busia. The Successful candidate will be reporting to the Clinic Manager.
• Management of daily operation of the study clinic, ensuring clinic opens Monday-Sunday from 8:00am-5:00pm, when on duty
• Participate in screening participants into the study
• Receive all patients enrolled in the study when checking in for routine and non-routine study visits
• Receive all patients enrolled in the study from the study clinicians
• Triaging participants and taking vital signs during screening and other clinic visits
• Review routine appointments and assist in identification of missed visits
• work collaboratively with other members of the study team
• Administer and dispense medications (both study and other drugs)
• Keeping stock of drugs and other clinical supplies
• Ordering of drugs and other clinic supplies
• Manage study drugs and maintain all accountability logs
• Conduct any needed ongoing participant counselling
• Participate in the care of admitted patients as appropriate
• Disburse transport money to participants
• Attend meetings
Qualifications and other desirables for the job:
• Diploma in Midwifery/ Nursing from a recognized institution
• Bachelor’s degree in Midwifery/ nursing is an added advantage
• Valid registration certificate with the Uganda Nurses and Midwives council
• Fluency in any of the local languages spoken i.e., Samia, Luganda, Kiswahili and Ateso.
• Prior experience working in a clinical trial and or experience working in malaria research
• Training in Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and Human Subject Protection (HSP).
• Must have knowledge in Maternal- Child Health care.
HOW TO APPLY:
Submit your applications using this link on the IDRC website: Click Here to Apply
ADDITIONAL IMPORTANT COMMENTS:
1. All applications must be submitted through the IDRC website on or before 5:00pm, Friday 1st July 2022. Submission of incomplete or inaccurate documents will render the applicant ineligible for consideration for the job opening.
2. Applications cannot be amended following submission.
3. ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FURTHER
- Salary Offer 300000 - 50000000 UGX 300000-50000000 Month
- Full Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda